Performance management and disciplinary issues are the most common causes for personal grievance action at the Employment Relations Authority.
Reduce your risk and grow confidence in managing staff misconduct and poor performance.
Find out how to lawfully conduct the performance management and disciplinary processes and meet employer obligations.
Ensuring employees understand what is expected of them will enhance their contribution to your organisation.
Dealing with misconduct the right way will reduce your risk of personal grievance action and avoid breaching your good faith requirements.
• Performance development for improving productivity
• How to improve staff performance
• Practise providing feedback on performance
- Performance management processes
• Performance improvement plans
• Dealing with misconduct and serious misconduct
• Raising allegations of misconduct
- Investigating misconduct – legal requirements
• Disciplinary meetings and dismissals – what you can say and what you should not say
• Practice disciplinary meetings
• Ensure your employment documentation aligns with proper process
• What to avoid doing in disciplinary issues
• How to comply with good faith and meet the test of justification
• Dealing with personal grievances
• Resolving employment relationship problems, such as through mediation
• Exit strategies, including settlement agreements
• Case studies on how to deal with performance and disciplinary issues
Who is this Course For:
This course is useful for managers, supervisors and HR professionals who want to improve the way they deal with performance and disciplinary issues. This course will help keep you current up on lawful investigations and terminations.
Locations, Dates and Times:
This course will be held in:
Christchurch – 18 March 2020; 9 June 2020;
Auckland – 29 July 2020;
Wellington – 25 March 2020;
Venues will be confirmed by email.
Cost of Courses:
$650 plus GST – full day course
- This event has passed.