Find out how to manage clients’ health information. In this course, we will focus on the Health Information Privacy Code, and how this relates to your patient information.
This half day course provides an effective overview of issues relating to health information. Find out how to improve the collection, use, storage and transmission of your clients’ health information.
• Key concepts under the Privacy Act 1993
• Practical compliance with the Health Information Privacy Code
• Consider Health Information Privacy Principles
• Deal with access and correction of health information
• Identify effective storage and security of privacy information
• Consider disclosure of health information
• Dealing with mental health issues
• Dealing with information on access for children
• How to deal with tricky requests for access and correction of health information
• The role of the Privacy Officer
• How to deal with complaints
• Case studies on privacy issues
Who is this Course For:
This interactive and practical course is aimed at providing clinicians, health practitioners, health care workers, and administrative staff with practical guidance to privacy issues.
Locations, Dates and Times:
This course will be held in:
Christchurch – 30 April 2020 (morning);
Auckland/Wellington – Dates will be available later in the year
Venues will be confirmed by email.
Cost of Course:
$430 plus GST – half day course